Monday, March 25, 2013

We Can Do This

Saying goodbye is by far the hardest part. Walking away from someone you care so much about knowing you won't see them for two years takes tons of strength and courage. Last night I took the first step in the process of waiting for a missionary. I had no idea what to expect or how I would feel but I don't think I could have ever imagined it. It was physically painful for me to watch Preston drive away. At this point I feel totally numb and it doesn't feel real. 
I know it's going to hurt a lot and it's going to be so hard but I also know he's making the right decision to serve a LDS mission. Before Preston left he told me, "It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay. We can do this." And you know what? He's right. Two years is nothing compared to eternity. We can do this.

No comments :

Post a Comment